Monday, April 03, 2006

HH the Dalai Lama: Westerners Are a Bunch of Whiny Bitches

The bad news? HH still believes blowjobs and buttfucking are taboo. (His loss on both counts.)

The good news? Westerners suck!

He told the broadsheet that Westerners had become self-absorbed, burdened with too much choice.

"It is fascinating. In the West, you have bigger homes, yet smaller families; you have endless conveniences -- yet you never seem to have any time. You can travel anywhere in the world, yet you don't bother to cross the road to meet your neighbours," he said.

"I don't think people have become more selfish, but their lives have become easier and that has spoilt them. They have less resilience, they expect more, they constantly compare themselves to others and they have too much choice -- which brings no real freedom."

I don't think the problem is "too much choice" as opposed to a sense of convenience and entitlement. But otherwise, I agree with HH 100%. And not because of what I've observed Bob Jones of 1056 Riverside Drive doing, but because of my own personal experience with being a big whiny bitch. I've been a perpetrator of "bourgeious suffering" throughout most of my adult life. Latte took two minutes longer to prepare than I demanded? Give your barista a boot to the head! Cut off in traffic? Fuck mantras - lay on the horn! Nothing like a good road rage incident on the 6 o' clock news to balance out all that boring gab about social security reform.

I think about what I could have accomplished with all of the mental energy I've wasted fedding myself stories about how badly life sucks, and it makes me want to try cry. [Damn typos.]

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?